THE HEADINGLEY SPLASH PAD PARK
The Headingley Splash Pad Park is located at the rear of the Headingley Community Centre, 5353 Portage Avenue. It was constructed with the assistance of the Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Program and marks the 150th birthday of Canada and the 25th birthday of the RM of Headingley. The park includes the splash pad and its 16 spray features of interest to children up to 14 years old or more. The facility has washroom and change facilities. The splash pad uses recycled water that goes through a chlorinated filtration system and a UV antibacterial light to kill bacteria. It’s safe and environmentally friendly! There is no admission fee for the use of the facility.
THE HEADINGLEY SPLASH PAD PARK IS AN UNSUPERVISED PLAY AREA. ALL PERSONS USING THE SPLASH PAD PARK DO SO AT THEIR OWN RISK.
HOURS OF OPERATION: Monday to Sunday (7 days a week) 10:00 am to 9:00 pm May to September. The Splash Pad Park may be closed at any time due to weather, maintenance, equipment repair or other operational concerns. PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO CLEANING AND SANITIZING PROCEDURES AND STAFFING REQUIREMENTS THE WASHROOMS AND CHANGE ROOMS WILL BE CLOSED AT 6:00 P.M DAILY.
Please clean up after yourself and use the waste and recycling receptacles provided. Help keep this park neat and tidy!
SPLASH PAD PARK RULES
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- For your safety please wear proper footwear while using the Splash Pad – no street shoes are allowed
- Do not climb, hang, swing or pull on any of the Splash Pad equipment.
- Proper attire must be worn at all times.
- Do not drink the Splash Pad water.
- All participants must conduct themselves in a courteous, safe and family oriented manner. Running, undue roughness, horseplay and other undue disturbances are strictly prohibited.
- No objects such as pool toys, floats, riding toys or lawn chairs are allowed in the Splash Pad area
- No glass containers or breakable objects, food or drinks of any kind are allowed in the Splash Pad Area.
- Food & Drinks in non-breakable containers are allowed in the areas outside of the Splash Pad.
- Do not use the Splash Pad if you have a communicable disease, an open sore or rash, or are experiencing nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- Infants not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper.
- No Smoking in the Splash Pad Park area
- No alcoholic beverages on or around the Splash Pad Park.
- No animals, except for service animals, are permitted in the Splash Pad Park area.
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters and in-line skates are not permitted
- The municipality is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
Enjoy and Play Safe! General Inquiries RM of Headingley 204-837-5766; Emergency Call 9-1-1
This area is under 24 HOUR VIDEO SURVEILLANCE
There is no phone on the premises